FMHS Annual Art Show

December 21, 2018

On December 18th, art students all across Fruita Monument anxiously waited for the annual art show to open. The show was held in the library that evening and everyone was invited to attend. Other students, parents, faculty members.

The art show was comprised of art from every art class. Art 1 was mixed with AP Studio Art, including different types of work from Mixed Media and Photography classes. Every student in an art class has at least one piece featured. The show even included art from freshmen who are in art classes at Fruita 8/9.

The show has been an annual event for several years. It’s the reward for a semester of hard work from the art students. There aren’t many school functions that recognize art achievements like there are for sports, academics, and music. This show is a way for students to show their art to the community in a supportive, positive environment.

Last year, I was able to have two pieces in the art show and I thought it was amazing. Being able to see my art on display made the hard work worth it. Seeing all my other friends there and admiring their pieces was so much fun. It’s a great experience to have for an artist.

Ending the semester with an art show of the magnitude that the one Fruita has brings up the spirits of everyone. Many classes have events to end out the semester, such as movies, presentations, and everyone’s favorite– final exams. But the FMHS art classes brings the semester to an end with the best thing of all, a beautiful display of all the talent and hardwork of students.