Fruita Monument Prom Announced

Lennea Gregg, Reporter

Prom is coming up quickly at FMHS. The classic high school event will be held at the CMU ballroom this year, a location used many times in the past. As the day, April 9th, 2022,  approaches, students may have many things on their minds; dresses, proposals or even dinner reservations. No matter the preparation, everyone is seemingly excited, and in their own ways, will make this year’s dance very memorable.  

Prom 2021, was notable, regarding our social distancing situation, and on and off spouts of virtual learning. No student had danced all year. While dramatic, our student body was in dire need of a gathering and the special location of Absolute Prestige Ranch, made the very act of gathering possible with an entirely outdoor venue. This year, while still slightly wary of Covid-19, the ballroom will suffice, but there will be an outdoor, balcony area for dancing and anyone who wishes to separate from a predictable, large crowd. Refreshments, prepackaged, will be provided for students along with tables and extra seating arrangements for anyone needing a break from dancing.

The highly anticipated theme, Ancient Greece, is one of elegance and well-suited for Prom. Several other high schools in the valley, including Central High School and Palisade, have chosen similar themes. Each dance will fall on separate weekends, however, students will likely attend several. 

Already having enjoyed homecoming greatly, considering last year’s losses, students are undoubtedly excited for Prom’s arrival. With its recent announcements and expectation looming, we’re sure to see classic high school nature take place; ridiculous posters, expensive outfits and senioritis even worse than before. We’re reminded of not only Prom, but that our school year nears its end. Get your tickets starting Wednesday March 30!